Friday, April 29, 2011

Exit Through The Gift Shop

     I don't know what it has been lately, but i have run across a stream of great movies. I Just got finished watching a film that once again completely drew me in. Exit Through The Gift Shop is a film by one of the most famous graffiti artists of all time, an enigma of a man know only as Banksy.
     I went in to watching this, expecting it to be about Banksy and the sensation caused by his work. I was surprised to find that the film was actually more about the person who originally set out to film him instead. A unique insight in to the very heart of the street art counter culture, we get to hear the stories of a few of the street art giants around the world. 
We are introduced to space invader.
Shepard Fairey
Rope and Rancor
   As well as many others. Oscar nominated, and amazingly entertaining. this movie is the very definition of  worth watching.



1 comment:

  1. I loved this movie. It kind of broke down for me at the end. I didn't really care enough about the documentary maker. I like how Banksy kept it real and said, "I'll never let him make another film about me again."
    Awesome insider info tho.

    ReplyDelete